Interlibrary loan services are available to students, staff, faculty, and faculty emeritus at North Seattle College. NSC Library will make every effort to obtain materials at no cost to the borrower.
Non-students: When there is no borrowing cost, faculty and staff may have two free interlibrary loan requests per academic year. A fee of $10 per item will be charged for each additional request. For procedures where there is a borrowing cost, see bullet 3, below.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Interlibrary loan requests can take from 3 working days to 3 weeks to arrive, depending on the format and the lending library.
- All students need to work with a librarian to initiate an interlibrary loan.
- Borrowers must pay for any borrowing costs. However, we will make every effort to find material at no cost and will check with you before making the loan request. (Note: UW Libraries does not provide free ILL services to our library system. You can look at material there at no cost however.)
- Sometimes it is faster if you pick up the material at your local public library (see below) and we may recommend you do that instead.
How to get material via ILL
- Make sure you have the full citation information (author, title, publisher, date of publication, etc.).
- During the academic school year (Sept - June) please contact your liaison librarian by email.
- During the summer you may contact Susan Rosenbaum for books and articles or Casey Chow for DVDs or other media.
Public libraries - search here to see if the material is available through your own library system